Student Loan Options for the Disabled

If you borrowed certain money from the federal government for student loans and subsequently became disabled and unable to pay, there is a process where you can request and receive a discharge of those loans.
If you are totally and permanently disabled, consider applying for a disability discharge of your federal student loan or TEACH Grant service obligation. Once you receive a disability discharge, you will no longer be required to repay the loans or complete the service obligation.
Learn more about the process here